Parents, thank you for your interest in Thriver™
You and your 6-16 year old child (birth year 1997-2007) can apply here to take part in creating an important new resource for families and educators.
By participating in Thriver™ market research, you are directly contributing to the development of a product that helps kids thrive in new ways in a thinking world.
If you stop long enough to think about it, the magic and mystery of the human brain is awe-inspiring. We can do some pretty amazing things - teach ourselves to play a musical instrument, learn new languages, and master complex mathematical calculations.
Thriver™ is a platform that helps parents identify their child's unique cognitive strengths and weaknesses in specific cognitive areas, all of which (when exercised) positively impact academic performance and overall brain functioning.
If you have a child between the ages of 6 to 16 and would like to participate in our market research and can commit one hour per week of both your time and your child's time for a period of six weeks please read on.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this market research study is to determine product viability, validate the Thriver™ platform and identify areas that we can improve our product and be of greater value to parents. Market validation and user experience require real world testing of incidence and intent among the population, therefore we are seeking parents of school aged children who want to learn about their child's cognition and who can help us understand the user experience from the perspective of the parent.
If you volunteer to participate in this study, you will be asked to:
- Fill out an initial intake survey where you will provide basic details about your child. This questionnaire has 24 questions and will take you 5 minutes to complete. The link to this survey is at the bottom and top of this page.
- Await further email instruction and follow directions to register for Thriver™ and begin setting up your profile.
- Fill out an initial questionnaire about your child consisting of approximately 100 questions. This form takes about an hour to complete.
- Review a preliminary report outlining the indicated strengths and weaknesses your child may possess in each cognitive area.
- Log onto our ThriverGames site with your child, where your child will be provided with specific sets of games to target his or her perceived areas of weakness. Your child will play these games for a minimum of 1 hour per week (can be in stages of 20 minute increments) for a total of 6 weeks.
- At the conclusion of the 6-week period you will receive another report indicating his/her progress over the period of time, allowing you to see how he or she performed in certain cognitive areas and the improvements that may have been made. You are free to share this information with teachers or educators involved in your child's development.
- Fill out a user experience survey indicating your overall level of satisfaction and providing information about what you liked, disliked, or had trouble with. This survey will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
POTENTIAL RISKS AND DISCOMFORTS
The risks associated with this study are minimal as your child will be asked to play simple computer games that are not considered stressful or anxiety provoking. Your child may withdraw from the study if they experience any kind of discomfort. It is possible that your child may dislike certain games, which may lead to frustration; however, the risks associated with this are minimal and games can be skipped if they are too cumbersome.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS AND/OR TO SOCIETY
You may benefit by learning of Thriver™ as a possible means to help improve your child's cognitive weaknesses. This information may be useful to your child's teachers, tutors, or academic service providers. Your child may benefit by playing games that they consider fun, while also strengthening their cognition in certain areas. This study will also benefit the scientific/scholarly community or society, as it will synthesize research done so far on the relation between gaming and cognition.
COMPENSATION FOR PARTICIPATION
If you complete this study, you will receive the following:
- A detailed report (a $50 value) outlining your child's cognitive weaknesses, identified through his/her game play and containing real-world recommendations for improvement.
- 6-months of complimentary access and gameplay.
- Your child will be automatically entered to win bi-weekly draws to win an iPod Nano, for every set of five games played.
Any information that is obtained in connection with this study and that can be identified with you will remain confidential and will be disclosed only with your permission. Your name and identifying information will be protected and will not be used in any research reports. Any collected information will be locked in file cabinets and coded in computers. Two years after finalizing data collection, all material data will be shredded by the researchers, however the electronic data will be retained.
PARTICIPATION AND WITHDRAWAL
You can choose whether to be in this study or not. If you volunteer to be in this study, you may withdraw at any time however the gift card will only be awarded to those who complete all tasks outlined above. Your child will only be entered in the draw to win prizes (for example an IPod Nano) if they have played at least one set of games, as the entry occurs every time a child plays five games. If you wish to remove your or your child's data from the study, you may do so only before all the data have been collected and you receive compensation. After you have completed all the tasks, the data collected will be used in our study. The investigator may withdraw you from this research if circumstances arise which warrant doing so.
APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS RESEARCH
If you would like to apply to be a part of this market research study, please complete the online application by clicking the link below. We will review all applications and respond with further instructions via email.